Friday, April 28, 2023

Happy Pre Birthday

On this day in 2003 we entered the hospital in the morning excited to welcome the latest and last member of our family. Our only granddaughter, Taylor. I was so excited and so frightened, your mother had such difficult deliveries, but today was the day! Or was it?

You decided that you would arrive around 1:30 AM on April 29 not on the 28th. But nanny has never been good with dates and for twenty years I have proven that.

Every year I would call you on the 28th to wish you a happy birthday, and every year you would tell me it is not till tomorrow. I got it right the last year or so, but to be honest it was our special moment of silly nanny.

Today I wasn’t going to call you because I remember it is tomorrow! But then I found out you were going to have to work, and I decided to call you and be the first to wish you a happy birthday. 

It was so special you said you had even asked your mom you talk to Nanny, she hasn’t called me to wish a happy birthday.

That conversation was so sweet and special, and I will cherish it for the rest of my life. So Happy pre–Birthday Taylor. Your nanny loves you!

Today I am so grateful for this incredible person who has overcome so many traumatic and tragic events. She is so amazing and I love her more than she will ever know. 





No comments:

Post a Comment