I ended up spending most of the day on the phone, it seemed to be national catch-up day! It felt amazing to just laugh and reminisce about things from my childhood. I shared a secret with my sister about teaching Diana how to drive. I managed to speak with everyone I hadn’t in a while, and it was just soul healing! After the last conversation I hung up the phone and realized that I had a huge smile on my face.
When I let the dogs out for the last time, I noticed a black cat sitting at the end of our driveway, just sitting there looking up at the house. I couldn’t help the feelings that came over me, I have never seen this cat before and none of my neighbors have cats, this is a dog street only. I shut my eyes and let the memories flood me, it was almost as if it was yesterday, me trying to give a black stray cat a bath and getting attacked and then chase after you because it was your idea! How I miss you even after forty-seven years. I laugh at the memory and watch the cat slowly go back into the trees.
Today I am grateful for cherished memories and black cats that remind me you are with me always.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment