On our way home from Peter’s treatment, I found a Starbucks and decided to treat myself. I came in from the back way and got in line. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a car at a stop sign and realized they had been waiting to get in and I slid in before them. So, I waved at her, and I backed up enough for her to get ahead of me. Because she had been waiting at the stop sign. She waved and smiled, and I returned the gesture.
When I got to the window the young man said the lady had paid for my order. It touched me so deeply that my lip began to tremble, and tears filled me eyes. Been a long time, the pandemic has made interactions with each other so sterile and strained, so it made me appreciate that act of kindness more than I normally would., it made my heart a little lighter today and my smile bigger for all to see.
Today I am grateful for
simple kindness and people who appreciate it.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment