I love the morning watching the sun rise and kiss the world softly awake. I love how beautiful and peaceful this moment of the day is. Almost every morning with coffee in hand I would sit on the porch and watch the world wake up, never alone but with my sweet little boy Wallie. You see he is like me he hits the floor in the morning ready to take on the world smiling and ready, but as Ankylosing Spondylitis has changed me, old age has changed him. We no longer hit the floor running but slowly manage our way to the porch to watch this amazing gift of the day.
My last day with Wallie was Thanksgiving, just a few days ago but it feels like a lifetime ago, and the mornings are just not the same.
Today with coffee in hand I made my way out to the porch settling down to watch this amazing gift I have been blessed with one more time. Sipping my coffee, I began to fight off the tears because never again would Wallie and I watch the world wake up.
Lost in memories I didn’t notice I had company until I felt a soft nudge against my leg. It was Peter, leaning against quietly sitting there looking in the same direction as I was. It was as if he was trying to figure out what I was looking at.
When I acknowledge him, he licked my face with enthusiastic kisses and lots of love, that I of course returned.
We sat there quietly watching the world wake up, and I was filled with a comforting peace and gratitude for the amazing loves that I have experienced in life.
Today I am grateful to have been given a happy little boy that enjoys watching the world wake up.
My last day with Wallie was Thanksgiving, just a few days ago but it feels like a lifetime ago, and the mornings are just not the same.
Today with coffee in hand I made my way out to the porch settling down to watch this amazing gift I have been blessed with one more time. Sipping my coffee, I began to fight off the tears because never again would Wallie and I watch the world wake up.
Lost in memories I didn’t notice I had company until I felt a soft nudge against my leg. It was Peter, leaning against quietly sitting there looking in the same direction as I was. It was as if he was trying to figure out what I was looking at.
When I acknowledge him, he licked my face with enthusiastic kisses and lots of love, that I of course returned.
We sat there quietly watching the world wake up, and I was filled with a comforting peace and gratitude for the amazing loves that I have experienced in life.
Today I am grateful to have been given a happy little boy that enjoys watching the world wake up.

No comments:
Post a Comment