Friday, November 3, 2023

Surrounded By Love

Christy called and asked me if I could come and visit Hunter so she could go and run some errands and I was happy too! I love spending time with these amazing human beings every chance I get. It is always so wonderful when I first arrive all the animals come running to the door excited to see me. I get kisses and all kinds of love, but the most special loving comes from Molly and Mini Mutt, it took years for them to warm up to me, so I cherish their love a little bit more because I know what it took to get to that place.

Dipper was so crazy she barked and barked ran towards Christy’s bedroom and back to me, over and over like follow me, Nanny! Finally, I followed her, and she went straight to the bathtub and stood up and peered inside. There was one of the cutest little kittens I had ever seen. Her mother died during childbirth and their friend was raising her, so Christy was taking care of her for a little while. It was so precious watching how excited Dipper was showing me HER little kitten. 

After visiting with the girls, I went in to visit Hunter, who is still recovering from hip surgery, he is doing fantastic. He is such a resilient young man, life has been so cruel to him, but he still smiles and never waivers in his faith.  

We love discussing politics, music, religion and so many other things, we do not always agree with each other, but we never miss a chance to learn from each other.  I noticed his guitar and I was so excited to see he was playing again; this made my heart so happy. I casually mentioned seeing his guitar and asked if he was playing again, he said yep sure am, do you want to hear what I am working on? 

He has played with guitars as soon as he was able to sit up and is such an amazing musician, but losing Duck made it difficult for all of us to continue doing things we love.

I closed my eyes while he played, letting the tears slip and travel down my cheeks, I didn’t wipe them away but just let them flow like his music was through my heart.

He played several songs for me; one he is composing and some that were Ducks favorite. Outlaw laid at our feet doing his little noises, it was almost as if he was singing along. It was wonderful hearing the music fill the room. His smile lit up my soul, and I savored every note he played. Wondering what if?

We spent the afternoon listening to music, telling jokes, discussing silly and important things, and just enjoying making memories. I live for these days. 

The girls finally arrived, and we all visited and caught up on things going on. Taylor is doing amazing at her new job, she shared things about the people she is caring for but was very respectful about the rules for their privacy. My respect grew so much for her, showing her compassion and respect for their privacy. I loved watching her eyes sparkle as she shared what was special about each of them. 

I can not express how much I love this people and what I would do for them, they are my world. 

It is always hard to say goodbye because I am always afraid this will be my last time to see them.

Today I am grateful for the genuine happiness that filled our hearts today, and the love that surrounds us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment