Tuesday, October 17, 2023

A Reminder

I took Peter to his cancer/MRSA doctor for a follow-up, and I am doing great visit. I called last month to give everyone an opportunity to him that wanted to. Everyone let me know they were counting the days.

You would have thought he was a celebrity! As I was getting ready to open the hatch a worker came up and said is this Peter’s car? I said yes and before I knew it, she was unloading him getting ready to take him in.

I just smiled and followed behind, before I knew it his surgery nurse came flying out and just plopped herself on the ground with her arms wide open, he ran to her and just covered her face in wet sloppy kisses.

My heart was so happy and filled with so much emotion because I knew how hard it was to get him to be loving and trusting of people.

I spent a few hours there because it was too beautiful not to. I know what heartache they go through trying to save our pets and I wanted them to see that he is living his best life now and how much we appreciate it.

People came up there on their lunch breaks from other work locations, people came up on their day off, one came in from her vacation and the rest scheduled themselves to work today so they could see him. 

I was very emotional while I sat there and watch this display of love and happiness, one because it was so beautiful and two, I thought when I first walked through those doors, he would never be coming home to us.They reminded me to keep sending pictures and videos. 

We hope to see them again in six months, just to remind them how amazing they are.

Today I am forever grateful for these dedicated amazing human beings who loved Peter when I wasn’t able to be there to love him.







No comments:

Post a Comment