This morning as I was looking at my anniversary calendar, I was stunned to learn that it has been 10 years since Michael Smith challenged me to collect 2700 Faces of AS. Currently, we have 2,245 which means we only need 455 more Faces of AS.
There is also something I either forgotten or did not
realize is that the anniversary of the challenge was made on the anniversary of
Stuart committing suicide.
He was the reason that I created Faces of AS on October 8,
2011, I wanted a place that we could safely share our truth with the world.
Stuart was a young man that lived in England and suffered with
Ankylosing Spondylitis and in the end felt suicide was his only option. He was
kind, gentle and very intelligent and is thought of often.
I had the honor of speaking to his mother many years ago, I
was hoping she would share his story with us, but some stories are meant to
stay in a mother’s broken heart.
I hope one day that I will be able to complete the challenge that Michael gave me, I have honestly lost hope, but I gave it my best.
Today I am grateful to all the brave people who helped me with
Faces of Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Rest In Peace Stuart, and Michael, I hope you know you are
still loved and remembered. I hope you are together supporting one another.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment