My heart is heavy today for my best friend and her family, who have all become my family. I pray that the beautiful memories of Susan, their wife, mother, grandmother, family, and friend will be so strong that there will be no room for grief. That is my prayer for them, but I know that will not be the case, it never is.
I wish I had gotten to meet this beautiful person in real life, but I knew her to be loving, compassionate, forgiving, and wonderful all wrapped up with a beautiful smile.
I imagine her forever is covered with Jenna’s beautiful paintings and sunflowers she is tenderly growing with her love. I can picture how delighted she is to be there, free of pain and sorrow, knowing nothing but joy and love.
I will be forever indebted to this beautiful human being who was able to see past the ugliness of my world and be compassionate enough to see the real me and welcome me into her family.
I nicknamed her Sunflower Susan, but I have never shared that until now.
Today is a day of gratitude for Susan and the beauty that she graced our lives with.
Rest in peace Sweet Susan, you are loved, missed and most of all cherished.


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment