Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Answered Prayers

As I follow behind her to go into the DVM, to take her final exam to get her driver’s license. I am overwhelmed with so much pride and love that I must stop and just watch her.  I settle down in a chair and begin reading If You Tell by Gregg Olsen and wait.

I am not sure how long before I heard Nanny, I’m ready to go. I looked up but her expression was not giving me any clues. So once again I follow her out, I said Well did you pass?

She looked at me like WELL DUH but just said Yep.

I laughed on the way back home I said does it feel different now? Yes, it does. I let memories fill my mind of this beautiful little girl. Oh my gosh what sunshine she brings to such a dark cold world. I remember a prayer I once said, lord please let me live long enough for her to remember me when I am gone.

I have been blessed with so much more, I have been blessed with participating in the wonderful events of her life, watching closely during the hardships of her life, always amazed by her. 

I want to be just like her when I grow up.

We finally make it back home and I am blessed to be a quiet observer. I visit with Hunter and Christy for awhile and then I head back home.

On my way home I let the tears of joy and sorrow flow freely.

Today I am grateful to have been a part of these amazing people’s life and to watch them overcome whatever life brings their way. I will be eternally grateful that my prayer was answered. 



No comments:

Post a Comment