Thursday, September 21, 2023

All Grown Up

I received a call from Ronnie saying you will never guess who came to visit me today at work? I have no clue, who? Buttercup! He went on to share how sweet and amazing it was, and I finally said yeah but what about “baby girl.” He said Well she was alone just Buttercup. All I could think is OH hell no!

We only got that driver’s license for show and tell, not for her to actually drive alone! I remembered terror that filled my heart when I watched Christy load up and drive away. I remembered calling my mom and said HOW DID YOU DO THIS! She says you must trust in your parenting skills and pray.

When I called Christy later, I said text me when she gets home!

I can not express the relief when I saw she is home.

I think I am going to have to get a prescription for Valium! Oh, maybe just pick up some alcohol! Please, Lord help me the baby is all grown up!

Today I am grateful for little girls who surprise their Poppy’s with unexpected visits, kisses and hugs!



No comments:

Post a Comment