I decided today I was going to start the book that Christy shared with me. It is The Flicker in The Night. I have never read any thriller or murder mystery’s before, and I am excited to start this one. I stopped reading due to the difficulties and it just did not seem worth it anymore. I miss reading. I miss curling up with a good book while the house sleeps. It has been more years than I can remember since I experienced this luxury, something I took for granted for so many years and now is something I miss so much.
You see I have Ankylosing Spondylitis and my neck is fused,
and my head barely moves, I am unable to look down, and the pain in my shoulders
is unbearable trying to hold a book high enough for me to read. I have resorted
to Kindle Books on my computer, but it just isn’t the same, when you hold a
book in your hands you become a physical part of the story, at least I feel
that way.
I sat down in my oversized recliner both excited and fearful,
I am not sure if I will be able to handle the heartache of not doing something
I love so much. But I have let fear dictate my life for too long so what is the
worse thing that will happen, but what if????
After about twenty minutes or so I finally found a position
that works! I can not tell you how happy I was and so emotional! I know it is silly,
but it was. I was able to read for about an hour at a time before needing to
rest. I would become very uncomfortable but then I would stop for a little
while.
When I finally finished, I was stunned to see it was 5:00 AM
in the morning! As I closed the book, I silently said to myself Take that AS! The rest test came when I got up, but I managed! Extremely painful but I was too happy to care!
Today I am grateful for the simple joys in life, especially
the ones that I could no longer do, but now can. I can not wait for the next
book!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment