I stand quietly at the door observing her without her knowing. I feel wrong but my mother’s heart is broken as I notice the worry and sadness as she watches her son sleeping. I cannot begin to imagine the heartache she carries. She does not believe it when I tell her how amazing she is and what a wonderful mother she is and has been. She was only eighteen when Hunter was born, but in that moment, she had to grow up so fast. She has battled and fought every day to keep him healthy and happy. I have been on the sidelines of this journey called life as I have watched her navigate the difficult times of her life. My heart breaks for her, all of them. I would give my life a thousand times over for them to be a complete family, that ALL her babies were here with her, but it is not possible. So, all I can do is be there for her and remind her how amazing she is.
She looks up at me and quickly hides the pain in her eyes,
but I saw it and it breaks my heart into a million pieces.
We do small talk, and she kisses Hunter goodbye. As I watch
her leave, I am overwhelmed with so many emotions. I am not sure why I was
picked to be her mother, but how grateful I am that I was.
She is my life; I hope she knows that.
Today and every day I am grateful to be her mother.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment