I received a phone call today that broke my heart. We have been expecting this call, but it still knocks the wind out of you. So many thoughts, memories, and regret are running through my mind. I am not looking forward to telling Ronnie, he will be heartbroken. I was fourteen when I first met you, and due to circumstances neither one of us played a role in, we were expected to be enemies. But we weren’t and became close over time. You were always so fun to be with and so easy to like. I remember when your baby was diagnosed with cancer at four months, you were amazing and so brave. I thought of her taking care of you during this time and the pain it causes. The only thought I can hold on too is your suffering is over and you are now with your family. My heart breaks for Joe because he is alone now, all of you are gone now. I try to imagine what it must be like right now the homecoming I pray that is happening at this moment. Bear hugs and oh my gosh how much I have missed you. That is what I will hang on to.
May you rest in peace, Marcie. May you find comfort being
with your parents and siblings.
Today I am grateful for being able to call you friend for fifty
years.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment