Monday, May 22, 2023

Unspoken Rage

I watched Anderson Cooper’s documentary about the Robb Elementary School Shooting in Uvalde, Texas. Just after a few minutes I paused it and said to myself I can not watch this, and then I said to myself those children LIVED it for seventy-seven minutes surely you can “watch” it on your television in the safety of your living room. So, I did, and it brought back so many memories of the Santa Fe School Shooting. 

My heart breaks for those children who made it out alive because every single moment of their life from that day forward will be wrapped up in survivors’ guilt, what ifs and fear. It is a horrible future for them.

I was so overwhelmed with pain when it became known that three hundred and seventy-six law officers where on the school premises. The rage became blinding when I realized that the first law enforcement officers arrived on the scene within five minutes and did not overtake the gunman for seventy-seven minutes, I have no words.


Makenna Lee Elrod, 10 Layla Salazar, 11 Maranda Mathis, 11 Nevaeh Bravo, 10

Jose Manuel Flores Jr., 10 Xavier Lopez, 10 Tess Marie Mata, 10

Rojelio Torres, 10 Eliahna “Ellie” Amyah Garcia, 9

Eliahna A. Torres, 10 Annabell Guadalupe Rodriguez, 10

Jackie Cazares, 9 Uziyah Garcia Jayce Carmelo Luevanos, 10

Maite Yuleana Rodriguez, 10 Jailah Nicole Silguero, 10

Irma Garcia, 48 Eva Mireles, 44 Amerie Jo Garza, 10

Alexandria “Lexi” Aniyah Rubio, 10 Alithia Ramirez, 10


May you all rest in peace and may your family find comfort.

Today I am grateful that the law enforcement that were on the scene of our school shooting let bravery overcome their personal fear, and were willing to die for our children.



No comments:

Post a Comment