Not every person in your life is meant to be there. Not everything happens for a reason. Not everything that happens to you is supposed to be a teaching moment. Not every moment of the day is you supposed to be strong. Life and life events are hard, emotional and life altering. You do not have to be strong every single time life brings you something difficult.
But....
The sun will shine again; the birds will continue to sing, and you will continue... Maybe stronger or just changed because of it.... We don't always have a choice in what life brings to us, but we do have a choice on how we allow it to form and change us. Your heart will break many times, this is just life, but never allow it to keep your soul from shining. Hard? You better believe it is, many times people have asked me how the hell have you gone through what you have and still be the way you are. Smiling, giving, kind, and loving (their words)
My answer is what other choice do I have? I want to be this way because I want to be a better person than the circumstances or experiences in my life. I don't want to be the lessons that life teaches me every day I want to be the lesson I want taught in the world. That just because life is cruel and hard, doesn't mean you have to be.
Your soul and the way you are is YOUR choice, no one or nothing can change that, UNLESS you allow it to.
Originally written May 27, 2017 before Austin's passing, Amanda's passing, and so many other loved ones , the school shooting and Hurricane Harvey. How naive I was to think that the worse had already happened.
Today I am grateful for this reminder I pray I will be able to find that person inside once again. I miss me. While I am writing this the song Disappear By Aja Volkman comes on, thank you for the reminder
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment