Thursday, April 6, 2023

Enough

I catch myself having so many regrets that I didn’t continue with my Walk Your AS Off Challenge I started all those years ago, but there is nothing I can do to CHANGE that. I have been working on getting to a place where I can be my own best friend and learn to be a little kinder to myself. I want to find an inner peace that allows me to be more present in my own life and have a little more self-love.

In February I joined the Walk Your AS Off Community again. But this time I decided I would challenge myself to walk a MILLION steps in ONE year.

I am one of the least active people you will ever meet, for many reasons beside having AS. Life is not often kind to me. I am completely fused and struggle with walking and balance. I had a desk job for almost 30 years. Horrible pain has been my constant companion for longer than I can remember, but I have been keeping up with my steps faithfully.

I haven’t put any "real effort" in this YET, just my average everyday steps with making sure I do at least one or two more when I think of it. I came across these the other day and it says it all for me.



Today when I was catching up on my steps for the Walk Your AS Off website I realized I had actually walked over 200,000 steps since February 8, 2023!!!
203,872 steps to be accurate!!!!
I was so shocked and amazed that I could actually say I did that! Me, all by myself! 

I just may make that goal after all BUT if I don’t that is okay because I know in my heart, I am doing my best and THAT is ENOUGH, I AM ENOUGH…. And you are too!

I am investing in myself one step at a time and I hope you will join me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment