Monday, March 20, 2023

Removing The Mask

Yesterday was an emotional day for me for many reasons. It was my mother’s birthday. My daughter was sharing her plans for her future. Damn I am so proud of her! I was busy working on my blog and trying to get it just the way I wanted. I have a section that I am working on that I want to be very candid and honest about certain topics and I wasn’t sure what to label it as. The truth behind my smile? My truth behind the smile? 

I had just sent my daughter a post called the mayonnaise jar. I thought it would be perfect for her and her new plans. She loved it and I was so happy she did. I felt like I had contributed something special.

So I shared with her about my dilemma about what label I should use and out of the blue she says how about removing the mask? I was shocked! She laughed. I said no you do not understand! I shared with her that I had started a blog in 2011 called Removing the Mask….

She could not believe it, so I sent her this picture.


Needless to say that will be the label I use because it shows me that what I am doing is important, at least for me it is and maybe for others too.

Today I am grateful for the closeness I have with my daughter that allowed me to remove the mask.




No comments:

Post a Comment