Thursday, March 30, 2023

Muffy

 

                                       (My favorite picture of Amanda)


I am grateful for this little girl with pigtails and swords running down the sidewalk, hollering I will save you little birdie. I am grateful for this little girl bouncing around singing BORN IN THE USA and twirling till she fell to the ground, erupting into giggles. I am grateful for toothpicks on Mer Mer’s table. 

I am grateful for this young woman who had the same SERIOUS crush as I did on Alan Jackson. I am grateful for this beautiful grown woman who got so excited over a surprise family birthday party. Forty-one years was not and is not enough nor will it ever be. There is so much that I could share about her, how gentle and kind she was. How brave she was and inspiring to us. How incredibly loving and sweet she was. She was so many wonderful things wrapped up in one amazing person.

I am trying to be grateful for all the beautiful things this sweet person brought into the world, but my heart is too full of pain. She touched so many lives in such a beautiful way, I doubt she ever even realized it.

I love you Muffy. 

Today I am grateful for being blessed enough to be your aunt.





No comments:

Post a Comment