My daughter texted me this evening to show me pictures of the finished look of her study/game/work/guest/all mine/ room.
It was stunning. It was simply beautiful but....
It was like a blast from the past sort of. I see my mother's formal living room, I seen my very first living room. I see a beautiful combination of three(four) generations in that room.
My mother's formal living room was blue and gorgeous. Mine was a very small room with a couch that laid flat so you could sleep on it. (Same as hers but she had no way of knowing that) It was a soft blue with the same legs as hers with dark blue HUGE flowers. So glad she didn't go for that look.
To say I was stunned is putting it mildly but I was so comforted in a way that I can't explain. I could see my mother, myself, my daughter and granddaughter so clearly in this room.
As I was absorbing the emotions these pictures brought out in me I happened to notice the throw pillow that said Never Give Up
Today I am so grateful they never gave up.



No comments:
Post a Comment