Tuesday, March 28, 2023

A Song For My Dad

I love watching American Idol. I love watching people's dreams come true, or at least the opportunity to make them come true. I get teary eyed if I am being honest with you.

This episode was too close to home for me. 

The contestant Oliver was the very last person for the 2023 season.

He was amazing. It was very emotional for me, Oliver shares that his father had a stroke.

So did my father in 1984. It was devastating and left my father unable to speak, walk and paralyzed on his right side of his body. It really hit me in the heart hard. My dad was a fighter and with my sisters dedication and determination my dad was able to learn to speak, walk and even drive his beloved truck.

Today I am grateful for my sister and the sacrifices she made for our father. 

Change The World, please take a moment and witness love at its best.

Oliver was awesome but when he was singing to his father it was indescribable and beautiful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment