Monday, January 9, 2023

Four Years Ago

It has been four years since I fell in my backyard and ended up in the emergency room. One would think that after four years all the issues would be gone by now, but I am still dealing with issues. I guess I shouldn’t complain after all the ER doctors said I should have died. Considering all the tragic events that would happen after that day, I wish I had.

My biggest regret from that day is that I did not save the huge piece of bark that had imbedded itself under my scalp all the way to the back. Still blows me away when I think of it.

I have become terrified when the lights are turned off, afraid of tripping or falling, silly I know but that is the truth.

I still have ocular migraines and kaleidoscope vision at times, the physical scars are fading but the emotional ones continue to stay with me.

Today I am grateful that I did not die that day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment