Today was Remicade Infusion Day at Baylor with my favorite nurse in the world, Genie. This picture is of us holding a banner that was created to honor my accomplishment of One Thousand Faces of Ankylosing Spondylitis. Genie has been my infusion nurse for over ten years now. She has been the one who has been beside me every step of the way in my quest to collect stories. She has encouraged me and held me when I was at my worst. This beautiful banner is a collection of love and words from the community and is a gift of family in the best way. These wonderful people have never met me and yet they encourage, comfort, and love me.
Today I am grateful for Ankylosing Spondylitis because in spite of all it has taken from me it has given me so much love, friendships and gifts that I would have never been blessed with if not for having this disease.


No comments:
Post a Comment