Thursday, September 27, 2012

Secret Cassettes

While out doing errands today Tracy Chapman came on the radio. I pulled over for a minute and closed my eyes letting the memories come to me. I am so terrified one day I will not remember her. I miss her so and I have needed her so many times over the years. 

One of my best memories of my mother is when I finally convinced her to go on a mother/daughter trip never realizing she would be gone a few months later. We had never done anything like this, either one of us. I am so grateful she did, we shared all kinds of music with each other learning so much about each other as people. I was blessed to see the person my mother is during that trip. We were two grown women enjoying ourselves and becoming even better friends.

Every time I play my music list, I think of her when she was going through my many CDs, she said DARN I should have named you Sybil.  I said it's like a buffet mom, you must try everything to find the things you love. You can not eat or listen to the same music ever day! 

Today I am so grateful that she shared that cassette with me that had Tracy Chapman on it, it brings such beautiful memories to me each time I hear it. I love you mom and miss you more than words can express. I hope Heaven has a cassette play just for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment